So, I spent the last few days thinking about what would be a more accurate title for my new blog. Titles are hard, that's for sure. I came up with quite a lot of things that I believe in and that would better define me, but of course those titles were taken. I looked into historical quotes, some of my favorites from John F. Kennedy, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and Susan B. Anthony. I found a quote from Jackie Kennedy which I enjoyed that included the phrase "raindrops on the widow pane." I felt connected to that sentiment, but of course that was taken. I also remembered a saying, "The lesson is what you read in the fine print. The experience is what you get when you don't." I thought that would be a good reminder for me to just go for things as I am one who tends to "read the fine print" so to speak. However, variations of that title were also taken, so I was getting nowhere.
Then, when hanging out with my family, we began talking about how one of my brothers is a very black and white kind of person. Things are either right or wrong and he sees very little gray. I on the other hand, spend most of my time in the gray. That of course led to several ideas about shades of gray which came awfully close to that stupid book title. So I landed on grayscapes.
-Scape
a combining form extracted from landscape, denoting "an extensive view, scenery," or "a picture or representation" of such a view, as specified by the initial element: cityscape, moonscape, seascape"
Okay nevermind, I just sent you an email saying I couldnt get back into your blog but I figured it out! Love the name you choose for your blog and looking forward to reading more posts from you... even if it is just once a month!
ReplyDeleteI am waiting for a new post on this new blog! Hope your 2013 is off to a great start, talk you soon!
ReplyDelete